Any student from a Kenny Awards participating school that has Jimmy Awards eligible students can apply for this opportunity. Applicants cannot be students who were cast in a Jimmy Awards eligible role.
Interested applicants at a participating Kenny Awards high school are required to submit:
- A completed and signed application form.
- A video up to 3 minutes in length showing or describing how they would uniquely cover The Jimmy Awards on social media. The video must not include any performance footage. The video should be entertaining while educating viewers about the Jimmy Awards.
- A short essay, no more than 2 pages, explaining their interest in this opportunity and their thought-process on how they presented the material in their video.
The application form, video submission, and short essay requirements were sent to all eligible schools. Application form, video, and short essay are due by Friday, April 21, 2017 by 5 pm. No late submissions will be considered. The chosen applicant will be announced by Monday, May 1, 2017.
The Kenny Awards will submit their winning student's 3-minute video to The Jimmy Awards for consideration by May 1. The Jimmy Awards will select up to 10 students' videos to feature on their Facebook page. The two winners will be selected based on the content of their submission and the reach and engagement of their video on Facebook. The Jimmy Awards will select the two winning students and notify them on or around June 1, 2017.
The two selected Student Reporters, plus one chaperone each, will be provided by The Jimmy Awards:
- Must be no longer than 3 minutes.
- Must not include any performance footage.
- The content of the video is up to the applicant, but must be educational about The Jimmy Awards.
- Must be appropriate and professional (i.e. no swearing, graphic or offensive images).
- Must include your name, age, school, and what regional award you are representing (The Kenny Awards).
- Should be entertaining while educating viewers about The Jimmy Awards.
- Should showcase or describe how you would uniquely cover The Jimmy Awards on social media.
- Must explain your interest in this opportunity and your thought-process on how you presented the material in your video.
- Should be 1-2 pages.
- Should be typed in Times New Roman, 12 pt. font, double-spaced with 1 in. margins.