This post is just a little something for you to read about what to expect and what to prepare for Kenny Day on Saturday, May 13. Registration begins at 9 am in Shea's Grand Lobby, and will go til 9:45 am. There will be a quick welcome announcement and then we will send you off to a full day of workshops, activities, and rehearsals. At 6 pm the ceremony will begin where the nominated schools will give a brief performance and awards will be handed out.
What to Bring:
We recommend that the students bring the following items to Kenny Day:
1) Wear comfortable clothing and shoes, preferably sneakers. There will be a lot of walking and a lot of movement in the workshops so please dress comfortably.
2) Please bring a reusable water bottle. We will have stations available for you to refill your bottle as necessary.
3) A small bag to put snacks, water, paperwork, and other items.
5) Money/Lunch. Students will be responsible for their own lunches so please bring money or a lunch.
What to Expect:
The Kenny Awards is a fun event where theatre professionals, volunteers, directors, and students come together to celebrate their love of theatre and theatre education. This is an event where you can make LOTS of new friends, as well as connections within the Buffalo theatre community. Some of the workshops available are Make-up, Stage Combat, Ballroom Dance, Costumes, Tech and many many more! There is a full list that can be found here! Our instructors have a wide range of theatre experience and expertise, so even if you are not a performer there is something for everyone!
Here are some other things to expect:
1) The day will be filled with various workshops that are available for students to take. Every student will receive a personal itinerary based on the workshops they sign up for through their school.
2) Each school will get rehearsal time on the Shea's stage. You must be on time and respectful of the schools rehearsing before and after you.
3) Anyone who wishes to be apart of the ceremony performance MUST be at the rehearsal!
4) Dinner will be provided, however lunch is not so please be prepared to pay for your own lunch and/or bring your own lunch.
5) Each school will be assigned to a dressing room(s) so please be respectful for the other school you may be sharing a floor with.
6) This year the Kenny Awards will be hosted by Kiss 98.5's DJ Anthony.
7) Expect to make lots of new friends and connections!